This is a first posting on a first-time blog regarding those familiar with the U.S. EPA's Superfund Technical Assessment and Response Team (START) contract held by a variety of company's over the last decade. In short, the purpose of this blog is to determine the interests of START members (past/present/future) with regards to the potential for unionization--should it happen.
Frankly, I feel that having been a START, there are few people outside of the START contractors themselves that have his/her individual professional and personal interests in mind. This is to say that START are often subjected to demands from both their employers as well as their U.S. EPA clients, often getting caught in the cross-fire of upper echelon members from each entity.
I feel that a union can protect the professional rights of START contractors. I feel that with a union supporting engineers, scientists, and technicians, the START contracts could function more effectively.
...and so with this blog.
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment